Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crazy bow lady!!

Since I have gone crazy making bows for myself, they have been accumulating all around my house! I'm pretty sure I've already lost three, and I have no idea where they could have gone. Sad, I know. 

Alas, a solution has arisen! I created myself a bow holder, of sorts. I take no credit for the idea. It is floating all around Pinterest. However, most of the pins I found had comments like "Perfect for the little girl in your life!". Which naturally doesn't help my self esteem. I know, I know. I'm a twenty something running around wearing bows, what should I really care?

And while part of me really, really, really (I mean REALLY) wanted to make the one on Pinterest that was fashioned to look like a princess dress,  to quote the internets "Ain't nobody got time for dat!". Well, at least I don't. Nor did I have the tools on hand. Plus, while Jeff tolerates a lot, (Like, seriously, a lot) I don't think he would have liked that hanging in our bedroom. 

(And since I'm sure you are dying to see what I'm talking about, check it out!)

Seriously fabulous, right? 

Well, I think mine is pretty fantastic too. It's more grown up, but not really.

I took one of those wooden letters you can get at any craft store and used my Sharpie's and Sharpie Paint Pens to deck it out. I think it turned out pretty cool. And even though I didn't put nearly enough OCD effort into it as I could have, it looks good. It is sort of a tribal-esque design. Like I said, it's not perfect. My lines aren't all symmetrical, or straight even, but it has character. 

Naturally. I mean it was made by this crazy lady. I will post an updated picture eventually of it hanging with my bows on it, but for now it is just hanging out on my kitchen table drying. 

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I like the way it turned out! Excellent use of color and shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I just used thumb tacks to put up a vertical ribbon to hold all my flower hair clips... Yours is cooler. XOXO

    ReplyDelete